If you’re looking for your next Traeger dessert to make, look no further! We have you covered with our ultra simple and delicious Traeger Cookie Pie. A buttery, crisp crust filled with a cookie filling that’s packed with dark chocolate chunks and chopped walnuts. It’s the ultimate combination for a smoky treat.
You may have seen our first iteration of this dessert from our Dark Chocolate and Walnut Cookie Pie. We just knew this would be the perfect fit for the Traeger. Smoking this pie adds a nice depth of flavor that is just top notch.
Traeger Cookie Pie Recipe Walkthrough
This just might be one of our easiest recipes we have, which makes it the perfect dessert to pop into the Traeger. Just like our Traeger brownies, our cookie pie can be whipped up in five minutes before baking. Seriously!
The cooking filling is very easy to make. There are less than ten ingredients required, most of which you will already have in your kitchen. Even better, this cookie pie calls for a pre-made pie shell. So, that’s one less thing for you to make.
Keep reading below for step by step instructions that include process shots and recipe notes that you might find helpful. However, if you’re feeling brave, feel free to scroll to the bottom for the recipe card and get cooking!
Step 1: Mix flour, sugar, and brown sugar together.
In a large mixing bowl, mix all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together. You may notice some small lumps in the mixture, but that is okay. When the wet ingredients are added, the dry ingredients will become hydrated and the lumps will mix into the batter and become smooth.
Step 2: Add eggs, melted butter, and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
Using a whisk, mix eggs, melted butter, and vanilla into the dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms.
Step 3: Add chopped dark chocolate chunks and walnut pieces to the batter.
Gently fold the chocolate and walnut pieces into the batter until evenly dispersed.
Step 4: Pour the batter into the pie shell, brush with egg wash, and cook.
Pour the cookie mixture into an unbaked pie shell and brush the edges of the crust with the egg wash. Cook in the Traeger at 350ºF for 80-90 minutes, or until the filling is just set. The top should develop a nice, golden brown color and feel slightly crisp.
And there you have it! You’ve just made a Traeger Cookie Pie. The hardest part will be taking the time to allow the pie to completely cool before digging in. Be sure to top your slices with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra wow factor.
This is the perfect dessert for any occasion and the perfect dessert to pop in the Traeger. Let us know what you think down in the comments below! Did you enjoy it? What else would you like to see us cook in the Traeger? We value your feedback and can’t wait for you to enjoy this tasty treat.
- 1/2 C (60g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 C (60g) Sugar
- 1/2 C (60g) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 C (226g) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Eggs, plus one for egg wash
- 1 Tbsp (14g) Vanilla
- 1 C (224g) Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 C (84g) Walnut Pieces
- 1 unbaked Pie Shell, room temperature
- Preheat the Traeger to 350ºF.
- Fit and shape the unbaked pie shell into a 9 inch pie pan and freeze for 15 minutes while prepping the filling.
- Roughly chop the dark chocolate into small chunks.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add melted butter, eggs, and vanilla into the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined.
- Gently fold the dark chocolate chunks and walnut pieces into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the unbaked pie shell, before brushing the edges of the pie shell with egg wash or milk.
- Cook in the Traeger for 80-90 minutes, or until the center is just set and the top develops a golden brown color and a slight crust.
- Allow the pie to completely cool before serving with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 37gCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 5g