Everyone loves a good, gooey chocolate chip cookie. But, what if I told you that you can have one of the best cookies of your life in pie form? That’s where this delicious Walnut and Dark Chocolate Cookie Pie comes in. It’s a seriously simple recipe that produces a decadent and impressive dessert.
One of our favorite restaurants in Austin is Jack Allen’s Kitchen. It’s my go-to place for guacamole, margaritas, and occasionally dessert. So, when my husband and I first tried their Blondie Brownie Pie, we knew it was something we had to make at home. We ordered Jack Allen’s cookbook from Amazon and put our own spin on the original recipe.
How To Make A Cookie Pie: Recipe Walkthrough
When I first tried the blondie version of this dessert at Jack Allen’s, I assumed it would be a much more difficult recipe to make. However, I was so pleased to learn that this is one of the most simple recipes you could make! So, I’ll walk you through it too.
All you need to do is throw all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, pour the batter into a pie shell, and bake. And you don’t even have to make the pie crust yourself, you can use a pre-made pie shell from the grocery store. Yep, it’s that easy!
Step 1: Chop dark chocolate chips into smaller pieces.
Chopping the dark chocolate chips into smaller pieces, allows the chocolate to be more evenly spread throughout the batter.
Step 2: Chop walnut pieces into smaller pieces.
Roughly chopping walnut pieces into smaller pieces, ensures that there is an even distribution throughout the filling and smaller pieces in each bite creates a better flavor combination.
Step 3: Add all ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until combined.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, mix on low speed until the ingredients just come together. This will be for about 20-30 seconds.
Step 4: Pour cookie batter into an unbaked pie shell.
Using a pre-made pie shell is such a great way to simplify this recipe. All you have to do is roll out the unbaked pie shell, mold it to the pie pan, and pour the cookie batter in it.
Step 5: Brush the edges of the crust with egg wash and bake for 55 minutes.
Using an egg wash or milk to brush over the edges, ensures that the crust gets a nice golden crust.
So, now you know how to make a Walnut and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie and I bet it’s easier than you thought it would be! It’s best enjoyed with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. If you’re looking for a seriously rich and decadent dessert, this just might be the treat for you.
- 1/2 C (60g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 C (60g) Sugar
- 1/2 C (60g) Brown Sugar
- 1 C (226g) Butter, melted
- 2 Eggs, plus one for egg wash
- 1 Tbsp (14g) Vanilla
- 1 C (224g) Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 C (56g) Chopped Walnuts
- 1 unbaked Pie Shell, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Roughly chop dark chocolate chips and walnuts into small pieces.
- Add flour, sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla, eggs, dark chocolate chips, and walnuts into the bowl of a stand mixer, and mix with a paddle attachment until just combined, about 20-30 seconds.
- Pour the batter into the unbaked pie shell, before brushing the edges of the pie shell with egg wash or milk.
- Bake for 55 minutes, until the center is set.
- Allow the pie to cool before serving with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 slices Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 496Total Fat: 36.5gCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 3g