You’re one Costco haul away from having the three ingredients you need to make this ground bison and rice combo. All you need is ground bison, a frozen cauliflower rice stir fry, and teriyaki sauce. While you can pick up all three from Costco (Great Range, Tattooed Chef, and Kinder’s), all three are fairly common finds in most grocery stores.
Not a fan of cauliflower rice? No worries! This recipe works perfectly with any type of rice.
I’ve also included a simple 5-ingredient yum yum sauce you can make with pantry and condiment staples like mayo, sriracha or chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and garlic powder. Add a pinch of toasted sesame seeds and sliced scallions, and you’ll be ready to rock in 30 minutes or less.
Not to mention, you’ll only have one pan to clean!
Let’s get cooking. You can print or save the recipe card below and get after it.
I’d love to know your thoughts about the recipe if you try it. Let me know in a recipe review or comment below!
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 1/4 pound Ground Bison*
- 1 cup (272g) Teriyaki Sauce*
- 2 12-oz bags Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry*
Optional Yum Yum Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60g) Mayo
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon (23g) Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon (21g) Honey
- 1 Tablespoon (15g) Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot, add the ground bison. Brown one side for 3-4 minutes before flipping and browning the other side for another 2-3 minutes. Once both sides have developed a nice crust, break the bison apart and fully cook.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the cooked bison. Stir together and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened and a spatula leaves a trail when dragged across the pan. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the cauliflower rice. Stir everything together and cook for 6-8 minutes until the rice is cooked to your liking.
- Turn off the heat and add the bison back to the skillet. Garnish with the yum yum sauce, toasted sesame seeds, and thinly sliced scallions.
*I used Great Range 90/10 ground bison, Tattooed Chef's rice cauliflower stir fry, and Kinder's teriyaki sauce from Costco. I also like Kevin's for a lower sugar option. This recipe would also work great with homemade sauce options like my firecracker and black pepper beef.
If you have picky eaters, you can mask some of the cauliflower-ness by using one bag of riced cauliflower and 2-3 cups of cooked and chilled jasmine or basmati rice.
You can also use leftover rice on its own and omit the cauliflower rice entirely.
Nutrition Facts Notes
Serving sizes and nutrition info are for the rice and bison without yum yum sauce.
Using 96/4 ground beef takes each serving to 340 calories, 25g protein, 25g carbs, and 14g fat.
You can further reduce the fat by serving the teriyaki ground bison with steamed rice instead of fried rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: about 9 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 21gCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 27g