With only five ingredients, these ground turkey quesadillas have no business being as flavorful as they are. Cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, and ranch seasoning elevate extra lean ground turkey and low carb, high fiber tortillas to make quesadillas with 25 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber, and only 270 calories each.
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Ground Turkey Quesadillas Ingredients
Well, nearly everything you need is right there in the title.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Ranch Seasoning
- Ground Turkey
Other than water, that’s everything you need. Seriously, it’s super easy!
What’s Shakin’ Bacon?
I like to dice the bacon raw before throwing it in a cold pan over medium heat. This allows the fat to render gradually and create perfectly bacon-fat-fried crispy bacon.
The recipe calls for center cut bacon, which shouldn’t render as much fat as thick cut bacon. If you’re using the latter, you may want to drain some of the excess bacon grease before adding the ground turkey.
Be sure to brown one side of the ground turkey really well. The Maillard reaction creates lots of flavor. For optimal browning, increase the heat to medium-high and pat the ground turkey with a paper towel to dry before adding to the pan.
The recipe calls for 99% lean, but any ground turkey (or other proteins) will work fine for these turkey quesadillas.
If you’ve seen our hidden veggie quesadillas, you know we like to sneak the nutrients in when possible. Since there’s no sauce like in that recipe, you could always sauté fresh onion, garlic, and maybe a leafy green like spinach alongside the ground turkey.
You could also add some freshness with something like the fresh parsley in our BBQ chicken quesadillas.
Use freshly grated cheese over pre-shredded. That’s all I have to say about that.
Carb Balance Tortillas
The recipe calls for Mission’s Carb Balance flour tortillas. If you’re looking to compare nutrition facts, each tortilla has 80 calories, 3g protein, 13g carbs, and 2g fat.
Dip for Cheddar Bacon Ranch Turkey Quesadillas
If you’ve ever tried my chicken bacon ranch quesadillas, you may have seen a low fat ranch dip I like to make with fat free Greek yogurt, a little extra ranch seasoning, and hot sauce. It’s super easy to throw together and works great as a dipping sauce for snacking.
And that should cover it. Have a recipe question I forgot to cover? Drop it in the comments below.
- 4 slices Center Cut Bacon, diced
- 1 pound Ground Turkey (99/1)
- 1 packet Ranch Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Water
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese, freshly grated
- 8 Mission Carb Balance Flour Tortillas
- Add the diced bacon to a cold skillet over medium heat. Once the bacon is cooked, transfer to a paper towel and add the turkey. Brown one side before breaking apart and fully cooking.
- Once the turkey is cooked, add the ranch seasoning, water, and cooked bacon. Once no water remains, remove from the heat and set aside.
- To make the quesadillas, add two tortillas to a griddle or large skillet. Place 1/2 oz of cheese on one half, followed by the turkey and bacon mixture, and another 1/2 oz of cheese. Fold to seal and cook for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Quesadilla
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 12gCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 10gProtein: 25g