What do you get when you combine ground beef, chili seasoning, fire roasted tomatoes, and beef broth with Mexican-style riced cauliflower? You get six giant bowls of spicy Mexican cauliflower rice soup.
Every bowl is packed with 17 grams of protein with just 205 calories and 18 grams of carbs. That leaves plenty of room to load up with cheese, tortilla chips, and your favorite soup fixin’s.
If you try this riced cauliflower soup, I’d love to hear your thoughts about it in a recipe review. Just click the stars in the recipe card below to let me know how yours turned out. Happy cooking!
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 packet Chili Seasoning
- 16 oz bag Frozen Mexican-Style Riced Cauliflower*
- 28 oz can Fire Roasted Crushed or Diced Tomatoes
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- Heat a large Dutch oven or soup pot with the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the ground beef and brown one side for 3-4 minutes before breaking apart and fully cooking.
- Add the chili seasoning, frozen cauliflower rice blend, and crushed tomatoes, stirring everything together.
- Stir in the beef broth and bring to a boil before reducing the heat, covering, and simmering for 45-60 minutes before serving. The longer the soup simmers, the more flavors will develop.
- Serve with shredded cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream, and tortilla or corn chips.
*I used Trader Joe's Mexican-Style riced cauliflower. Other options include Green Giant spicy Mexican style cauliflower rice, Veggieful southwest cauliflower rice, Bird's Eye Spanish cauliflower rice, or plain cauliflower rice with added frozen fajita veggies (onions and peppers). You can also add fresh poblano or bell peppers to the beef. See my Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup for an example.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 6gCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 17g